Pages

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Conquering Balance Island

Conquering Balance Island

“Maranita, you can go first!” Mrs. Kopua said as I stared straight at the two ropes that could possibly cause me to fall into the freezing lake.
I looked at my friend with longing eyes. “Unnie... how about you go first?” I asked her.
After a long time of trying to persuade her, I finally had the courage to try and complete the terrifying balance island myself. After I got on, my mind became dizzy and it felt as though a swarm of butterflies were flying all around inside my stomach. However, I started on my way.
As I looked down at my reflection in the lake, a very familiar voice screamed “GO NITA! YOU CAN DO IT!”
While I continued to try to avoid falling into the hands of the seaweed reaching out for me, Losaline continued to cheer very loudly, embarrassing me. Despite the yelling, somehow I managed to reach halfway. I looked at the end, mumbling to myself that it wasn’t far. I started on my way again, this time moving quickly. Time passed by and I finally reached the end!
I jumped off the rope victoriously and with a huge smile on my face.
“Good girl Maranita! Now walk over to the bridge and have a go on that one!” Mrs. Kopua yells.
My smile faded away as I made my way to the bridge.
‘Oh well! At least I completed the hardest one!’

No comments:

Post a Comment